By N. V. Boulgouris, Konstantinos N. Plataniotis, Evangelia Micheli-Tzanakou
An in-depth exam of the innovative of biometrics
This publication fills a niche within the literature through detailing the new advances and rising theories, equipment, and purposes of biometric platforms in quite a few infrastructures. Edited by way of a panel of specialists, it presents accomplished insurance of:
- Multilinear discriminant research for biometric sign attractiveness
- Biometric identification authentication suggestions in line with neural networks
- Multimodal biometrics and layout of classifiers for biometric fusion
- Feature choice and facial getting older modeling for face acceptance
- Geometrical and statistical versions for video-based face authentication
- Near-infrared and 3D face attractiveness
- Recognition in line with fingerprints and 3D hand geometry
- Iris attractiveness and ECG-based biometrics
- Online signature-based authentication
- Identification in keeping with gait
- Information concept methods to biometrics
- Biologically encouraged equipment and biometric encryption
- Biometrics according to electroencephalography and event-related potentials
Biometrics: idea, equipment, and functions is an essential source for researchers, defense specialists, policymakers, engineers, and graduate scholars.
Read or Download Biometrics: Theory, methods, and applications PDF
Similar intelligence & semantics books
Evolutionary layout of clever structures is gaining a lot recognition because of its features in dealing with numerous genuine international difficulties regarding optimization, complexity, noisy and non-stationary surroundings, imprecision, uncertainty and vagueness. This edited quantity 'Engineering Evolutionary clever platforms' bargains with the theoretical and methodological facets, in addition to numerous evolutionary set of rules functions to many genuine global difficulties originating from technological know-how, know-how, company or trade.
From a number one authority in man made intelligence, this publication provides a synthesis of the key smooth ideas and the most up-tp-date study in ordinary language processing. The technique is exclusive in its insurance of semantic interpretation and discourse along the foundational fabric in syntactic processing.
Multiagent structures is an increasing box that blends classical fields like video game concept and decentralized keep an eye on with sleek fields like computing device technological know-how and laptop studying. This monograph presents a concise creation to the topic, masking the theoretical foundations in addition to newer advancements in a coherent and readable demeanour.
Either the Turing attempt and the body challenge were major goods of debate because the Seventies within the philosophy of man-made intelligence (AI) and the philisophy of brain. besides the fact that, there was little attempt in the course of that point to distill how the body challenge bears at the Turing try. If it proves to not be solvable, then not just will the attempt now not be handed, however it will name into query the idea of classical AI that intelligence is the manipluation of formal constituens less than the keep an eye on of a application.
Extra info for Biometrics: Theory, methods, and applications
Ann. Eugenics 7:179–188, 1936. 8. K. Fukunaga, Introduction to Statistical Pattern Recognition, 2nd edition, Academic Press Professional, San Diego, 1990. 9. I. T. Jolliffe, Principal Component Analysis, 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2002. 10. M. Belkin and P. Niyogi, Laplacian eigenmaps for dimensionality reduction and data representation, Neural Comput. 15(6):1373–1396, 2003. References 17 11. C. J. C. Burges. Geometric methods for feature extraction and dimensional reduction, in O.
F. Frangi, J. Yang, D. Zhang, and Z. Jin, KPCA plus LDA: A complete kernel ﬁsher discriminant framework for feature extraction and recognition. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell. 27(2):230–244, 2005. 58. G. R. G. Lanckriet, N. Cristianini, P. Bartlett, L. E. Ghaoui, and M. I. Jordan, Learning the kernel matrix with semideﬁnite programming, J. Mach. Learning Res. 5:27–72, 2004. 59. G. Fung, M. Dundar, J. Bi, and B. Rao, A fast iterative algorithm for Fisher discriminant using heterogeneous kernels, in Proceedings of the Twenty-First International Conference on Machine Learning, 2004.
34. P. Hall, J. S. Marron, and A. Neeman, Geometric representation of high dimension, low sample size data, J. R. Stat. Soc. Ser. B 67:427–444, 2005. 35. S. D. thesis, University of Technology, Berlin, 2002. 36. Y. Lee, Y. Lin, and G. Wahba, Multicategory support vector machines, theory, and application to the classiﬁcation of microarray data and satellite radiance data, J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 99:67–81, 2004. 18 Chapter 1 Discriminant Analysis for Dimensionality Reduction 37. Y. Guermeur, A. Lifchitz, and R.
Biometrics: Theory, methods, and applications by N. V. Boulgouris, Konstantinos N. Plataniotis, Evangelia Micheli-Tzanakou
- Reviewing Qualitative Research in the Social Sciences by Audrey A. Trainor, Elizabeth Graue PDF
- Read e-book online Innovation in Industrial Research PDF